The main site at Lea Bailey was open to the public from 11:00 to 16:00. The attractions included:
- Our Simplex / Motor Rail 21282 and Wingrove & Rogers battery-electric locomotives in action
- Our EIMCO 12B rocker shovel on display
- Display of our two recently arrived battery-electric locomotives.
- Freelance motorised skip wagon ‘Skippy’ from Alan Keef Ltd.
- A Lister Auto Truck from Brian Faulkner
Alan Keef Ltd had announced that the planned ‘Steam-Up and Open Day’ would not be going ahead as originally planned on 19th September 2015 — however, the decision had been taken for the best possible reasons! Managing Director Patrick Keef explained:
“The culmination of a large project in Europe in conjunction with other major project work and the wonderful news that my fellow Director and sister Alice Basey will be having a baby around the same time as the Open Day, together with two family house moves, meant we had to review our priorities. The Open Day is a huge attraction for enthusiasts, customers and friends alike and we will of course miss seeing everyone, but we felt very strongly that if we couldn’t commit to putting on the very best show we could, we’d rather postpone it and instead plan an even better event for 2016.”